Choosing A Conveyancer
Free Download: 15 Questions To Ask When Choosing Your Conveyancer
Are you actually buying what you think you are buying?
It is critical to have your Contract of Sale checked over to avoid many possible issues with the Title of the property that you are purchasing. Our Free Conveyancing Checklist will help you avoid the common pitfalls.
Buying a property is one of the biggest transactions you will ever make, which is why it is important to ensure the legal transfer of the property is handled correctly.
It is also important that the many checks are performed thoroughly to ensure the boundaries are correct on the property you are purchasing. Other possible issues can be Heritage Overlays, Flood and/or Bushfire prone areas and many other potential issues that a quality conveyancer will identify and bring to your attention.
Free Download: Conveyancing Checklist
What is conveyancing?
Conveyancing is the legal transfer of ownership of a property from a seller to a buyer. In most cases the Vendor (Seller) and Purchaser (Buyer) will engage the services of a separate conveyancer to look after their legal interests.
It is always a good idea to look for recommendations from a trusted adviser as to which conveyancer/s you should consider using, rather than just picking an unknown provider.
Questions To Ask Your Conveyancer:
- What qualifications do you have?
- What industry bodies are you a member of?
- What experience do you have?
- How long have you been established?
- Do you have professional indemnity insurance cover and if so, how much?
- Do you handle the conveyancing personally or do you hand it to junior staff?
- If using junior staff, what are their qualifications and what systems do you have in place to monitor progress of files?
- What can I expect to pay for your services?
- What does this fee cover?
- What other costs can I expect and how much are they likely to be?
- What systems do you have in place for keeping me up to date on file status?
- Who will handle any Government Grants that I may qualify for, such as First Home Buyers Grant or Stamp Duty Concessions
- How long does the conveyancing process take?
- What are the main pitfalls I need to avoid that may be in the Contract of Sale
- What other potential pitfalls should I be aware of in relation to this purchase?
Download Below - Choosing A Conveyancer: 15 Questions To Ask
About Darryl Simms
Darryl Simms specialises in helping individuals invest in property for less than a latte a day, reduce their tax and create enjoyable lifestyles.
Latte Property has a large following of successful property investors who have enjoyed professional guidance in the purchase of quality new apartments, new townhouses and new homes.
Darryl is also the Author of “50 Must Know Property Investing Tips” and is currently busy writing his next Property Investment publication.
Darryl’s favourite quote is:
“Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value” – Albert Einstein
Contact Darryl at www.latteproperty.com.au/ask-darryl